- Types of information collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information will not be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
- Purposes for which we hold your Information
- Non-Personal Data:
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Personal Data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us as directed for the following purposes:
- To process your donation;
- To contact you if required in connection with your donation or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- To add you to our members database:
- Buying our publications;
- Booking a training course;
- Requesting printed information.
Any personal data communicated via our online, email and helpline services is confidential. When you subscribe to One Family’s mailing list, your email address is not shared with any third parties, and you can unsubscribe from the list at any time.
- Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements).
One Family uses Stripe Payment Europe Ltd to process our online donations and payments. Stripe Payments provide a secure robust payment processing solution across the internet and are fully Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant.
We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement or if we believe that to disclose your personal data would prevent injury to you or another person.
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data. We endeavour to ensure the highest level of security as regards your credit or debit card details, during your use of this site by using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL Software,”) which encrypts information which you have inputted. You accept that any information or message you send to the site may be intercepted or read by others. You hereby acknowledge and accept that we have no responsibility and shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss, injury or damage occasioned by the interception by third parties of your transmissions, or the disclosure of information including but not limited to credit card numbers by any party with whom you transact, nor do we offer any guarantees, warranties or indemnities as to the security or otherwise of any information which you give us.
- Updating, verifying and deleting personal data
You are in control of how we use your data and you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
You are also granted a number of additional rights under data protection legislation, which are outlined below:
- Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to change your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information in certain circumstances, including where it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purposes for which we are processing it.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your data if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily and safely from one IT environment to another, in some circumstances.
- You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests (as described above) including profiling activity, and “direct marketing”.
Please note that these rights are not exercisable in all circumstances. For example, personal data might not have to be erased if it is needed in the interests of public health, or to support legal claims, compliance with statutory retention requirements.
- Data subject access requests
If you would like more detail or a copy of the personal information that One Family keeps on file about you, please us at email@example.com or contact the office at 01 662 9212.
Anyone can make a request for a copy of the information that One Family keeps on file about them free of charge. We may only charge a reasonable administrative fee for this if the request itself is deemed excessive by us.
One Family’s confidentiality policy is in line with best practice, and ‘Children First’ National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children’ (Department of Children and Youth Affairs, 2011).